WHAT TO EXPECT:
• Luxury pickup from and return to your chosen Dublin location.
• Enjoyable drive through Ireland’s midlands – passing through the location of Mel Gibson’s ‘Braveheart’.
• Visit the historic village of Cobh, Co. Cork – final departure point of the RMS Titanic.
• Visit Cork City, with the opportunity to explore its many highlights and enjoy lunch at the artisan ‘English Market’.
• Enjoy a leisurely visit to Blarney Castle, spend time exploring the exquisite gardens and taking your chance to kiss the ‘Blarney Stone’.
• Shopping stop at the fantastic ‘Blarney Woolen Mills’.
• Overnight in lively Cork City.
• Drive along the famed ‘Wild Atlantic Way’ via a short stop in Limerick city.
• Explore the ‘Burren region’
• Visit the world-renown natural wonder that is the Cliffs of Moher
• Short photo stop at ‘Bunratty Castle’
• Luxury return to Dublin city.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM MY EXCLUSIVE TOUR?
Your luxury vehicle will pick you up at your chosen Dublin location, before heading south on a scenic drive towards Ireland’s ‘second city’ of Cork. Our drive will take us through the stunning location used for Mel Gibson’s ‘Braveheart’. Our first stop on Ireland’s south coast is in the small, historic village of Cobh. The village has an interesting and somewhat sad history for you to explore – it was the final departure point for many emigrant ships which departed these shores for North America and further afield. The town was also the departure point for the tragic and ill-fated RMS Titanic. Visit the Titanic memorial here, enjoy the coastal views and listen as your guide gives you insight into the town’s history.
You’ll then continue on towards Cork city, where you can enjoy highlights including the artisan ‘English Market’, which was recently paid a historic visit by Queen Elizabeth of England. This makes an ideal place to enjoy lunch, as it offers some of Ireland’s finest produce – including meats, cheeses and artisan breads.
Your afternoon will be spent in the charming town of Blarney, which is home to Ireland’s favourite castle – Blarney Castle! Enjoy visiting this enchanting castle, strolling through the beautiful gardens and make sure to kiss the ‘Blarney Stone’. Millions of visitors kiss this stone each year in the hope that it will bestow upon them the ‘gift of the gab’ (the unique Irish talent of articulate speech and storytelling!). The town of Blarney is famous also as the home of the ‘Blarney Woolen Mills – a traditional Irish shopping ‘mecca’ – where you can stock up on locally knitted gifts and fashions. Return to Cork city for your overnight stay – you’ll be spoiled for choice here when it comes to dining and nightlife options!
Relax this morning over a traditional Irish breakfast – your guide will pick you up once again for another day of exploring this charming region. You’ll make a short stop in Limerick city, built upon the River Shannon and home to King John’s castle. Take some marvelous photos here in Limerick before continuing on towards the world-famous ‘Wild Atlantic Way’. This incredible stretch of Atlantic coastline has been captivating visitors to Ireland over the past number of years and you’ll enjoy a leisurely drive along the route. Your next stop is at the fascinating ‘Burren’ region – a unique geological region, and the only place in the entire world where flora of Mediterranean, Alpine and Arctic origins grow alongside one another. The landscape dates back more than 300 million years and stretches out for as far as the eye can see. Listen in as your guide provides insights into and stories of the Irish Potato Famine, which took place between 1845-49. This region was predominantly affected by the famine, which sent millions of our Irish ancestors to foreign shores. We’ll make a lunch stop in Doolin – a charming village famous for its traditional Irish music and raging Atlantic waves. Enjoy some homemade, traditional Irish cuisine here, before heading for our highlight visit of the tour – the Cliffs of Moher. The cliffs are the most visited natural tourist attraction in Ireland and draw millions of guests year after year. The cliffs tower more than 700ft over the Atlantic Ocean and provide incredible views of the Aran Islands, and the Twelve Pins mountain range. The area is also home to some incredible bird species and you can enjoy sightings of Puffins, gannets and others during your memorable visit to the Cliffs of Moher. After a leisurely visit to the Cliffs of Moher, there’s time for a short photo stop at the magical Bunratty Castle, before we make our luxury return visit to Dublin city.
At ‘Elegant Irish’, we pride ourselves on putting together exclusive, private tours of Ireland’s finest attractions. We structure our itineraries to ensure that our guests enjoy unforgettable tours which perfectly fit their needs and expectations. However, we like to allow our guests the flexibility to slightly tailor our set itineraries to better meet their needs. This flexibility extends also to your accommodation options. ‘Elegant Irish’ are experts at sourcing the best of accommodation – from budget to luxury – in keeping with your preferences. Should you wish to enjoy our exclusive tour while sourcing your own place to stay – that’s fine too! Contact us today to start planning the perfect Irish sightseeing tour.
• Luxury chauffer service for the entirety of your journey.
• Full services of one of our knowledgeable, local tour guides.
• All extra fees and admission costs are already covered in the price of your tour.
• We offer you the option to make changes to our popular itineraries to better suit your expectations*