WHAT TO EXPECT:
• Luxury private-hire vehicle pickup from location of your choice
• 2.5 hour drive to Ireland’s west coast with a refreshment stop en route
• Time to explore the tiny village of Cong – location of ‘The Quiet Man’
• Photo stops at the stunning Lough Corrib and throughout the Connemara Wilderness.
• A scenic drive along Galway bay will take you to the Atlantic-side village of Spiddal. Savour the old fashioned way of life here and listen to the locals greet each other in Gaelic!
• Time to explore Galway city – an arty and bohemian city, home to the best of Irish food, music and ‘craic’.
• Luxury transfer back to Dublin city
RECOMMENDED PRIVATE GALWAY & CONNEMARA TOUR
Your private-hire vehicle and knowledgeable, local guide will collect you from your chosen Dublin location. You’ll commence your westward journey, factoring in a refreshment stop en route. Your first stop on the west coast will be in the tiny village of Cong, in Co. Mayo – perhaps most famous as the location of the 1952 Hollywood blockbuster ‘The Quiet Man’. Cong is the quintessential ‘rural Irish village’ – home to castles of the medieval era, meandering brooks and incredible lake views. We enjoy a tour of the ancient ruin of Cong Abbey, originally constructed as far back as the 7th century. Enjoy a traditional Irish lunch in Cong, before continuing on your journey.
Our next visit is to ‘Lough Corrib’ – Ireland’s second largest lake. Over 350 islands break the lake and are home to various types of rural Irish wildlife. You’ll continue driving through the Connemara landscape – taking in the mesmerizing and deserted mountainous terrain. Driving through the Maam Valley, amidst the Connemara lakes and Twelve Pins mountain range – we’ll make our way along Galway Bay as far as the enchanting Atlantic-side village of Spiddal. Breathe in the fresh sea air – you are officially standing on one of the westernmost points of Europe – the next stop is Newfoundland!
Back in your luxury vehicle – a very short drive will take you into the center of Galway – ‘The city of the Tribes’. A bohemian and arty city, Galway is in the running to claim the title of ‘European Capital of Culture 2020’ – a short walk through these enchanting streets and we’re sure you will agree that the title would be well deserved. Galway is home to some of the country’s finest traditional musicians – many of whom showcase their talents along the city’s winding streets. Highlights to explore in Galway include St. Nicholas’ Cathedral, the bustling Shop Street and the Spanish Arch – or simply sit down to enjoy a pint of the ‘black stuff’ and some world-famous Galway oysters.
With this fantastic day tour coming to an end, its time to make yourself comfortable on your luxury 2.5 hour transfer back to Dublin City.
• Luxury private vehicle and knowledgeable local guide for the duration of your tour.
• The freedom to modify our suggested itinerary to better suit your expectations or time restrictions*
• Full transfer back to your desired Dublin location
WHATS NOT INCLUDED?
• Admission fees and extras are optional on the day to allow flexibility