WHAT TO EXPECT:
• Luxury private-hire vehicle pickup from location of your choice
• Enchanting drive through the ‘Garden of Ireland’, and into the Wicklow mountains.
• A comprehensive tour of the ancient Monastic city of Glendalough, with plenty of time to walk and take in the haunting landscapes.
• Drive deeper into the Wicklow Mountains, taking in the ‘Wicklow Gap’ and ‘Turlough Waterfall’
• Arrive in Kilkenny – Ireland’s medieval capital – and enjoy plenty of time to discover highlights such as Kilkenny Castle and the Kilkenny Design Centre.
• Enjoy a luxury drive back to Dublin in time for an evening’s entertainment.
RECOMMENDED PRIVATE KILKENNY & WICKLOW MOUNTAINS TOUR
You’ll be collected from your desired pick-up point by your private-hire vehicle and tour guide for the day. We begin the tour with a drive through the leafy south-Dublin suburbs, reaching Co. Wicklow and into the Wicklow mountains, en route to Glendalough. Fondly referred to as ‘The Garden of Ireland’, Co. Wicklow offers picture-perfect landscapes and quaint country villages. ‘Movie buffs’ will be eager to learn that today’s journey takes us through the locations used for Hollywood blockbusters ‘Braveheart’ and ‘P.S. I Love You’.
You’ll arrive at Glendalough and be blown away by this stunning glacial valley, which is the home of an early Christian settlement dating back to the 6th century. Listen to your guide’s mesmerizing insights into the history of the location, as you marvel at the ancient round tower, Celtic crosses and haunting landscapes which greet you at every turn.
Continuing on through the Wicklow Mountains, we’ll travel along the ‘Wicklow Gap’, where you can enjoy the rolling mountainous landscape, traditional Irish boglands and the dramatic ‘Turlough Waterfall’ – have your camera at the ready – we can’t even describe to you how incredible the views are along this route!
Our next stop is Kilkenny city – which, back in Medieval times enjoyed the title of Ireland’s capital city! Small, cobble-stoned streets weave through this ancient town, which was built atop the river Nore. The 11th century ‘Kilkenny Castle’ is well worth a visit, with its magnificent, historic interiors and extensive gardens. You can enjoy plenty of free time in Kilkenny and your guide will be more than happy to recommend some of the city’s best sights, restaurants and experiences. The many highlights include the ‘Kilkenny brewery’ and the ‘Kilkenny Design Centre’ (where you can peruse the wares of some of Ireland’s most prolific designers). We depart Kilkenny for our luxurious drive back to Dublin, where you’ll arrive in plenty of time to enjoy an evening’s entertainment in Ireland’s modern-day capital!
• Luxury private vehicle and knowledgeable local guide for the duration of your tour.
• The freedom to modify our suggested itinerary to better suit your expectations or time restrictions*
• Full transfer back to your desired Dublin location
WHATS NOT INCLUDED?
• Admission fees and extras are at guest discretion on the day