WHAT TO EXPECT:
• Luxury chauffer pickup from the Dublin departure point of your choice.
• 2.5 hour drive to Belfast city with a stop at the ancient monastic settlement of Monasterboice en route.
• Enjoy the highlights of the vibrant city of Belfast, including the ‘Black taxi tour’ and the City Hall.
• Overnight in Belfast
• Cruise along the ‘Glens of Antrim’ en route to the Giant’s Causeway, with an opportunity to visit cross the famous Carrick-A-Rede rope bridge.
• Leisurely visit to the fabulous UNESCO heritage site – the Giant’s Causeway.
• Photo stop at Dunluce Castle.
• Arrival into Derry city – overnight here with recommendations for the city’s finest dining and entertainment options.
• Morning walking tour of Derry City with an expert local guide – learn about the city’s key involvement in the northern troubles.
• Visit the pagan tomb of Creevykeel – a must for ‘history buffs’!
• Drive through the homeland of W.B. Yeats and experience the inspiration for many of his poems.
• Stretch your legs on the world-class surfing beach of Strandhill, Co. Sligo.
• Final stop in Galway city, with ample time to discover this ancient, bohemian city.
• Luxury return journey to Dublin City.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM MY EXCLUSIVE TOUR?
Your luxury vehicle and expert local guide will meet you at your chosen Dublin pickup point, before beginning your 2.5 hour drive towards Belfast. We break our journey with a memorable photo stop at the ancient monastic settlement of ‘Monasterboice’. Surrounded by beautiful countryside, the site is home to historic and ornately decorated Celtic crosses and a stunning round tower.
You’ll arrive into Belfast city center – where a wealth of historic and cultural highlights are waiting for you to experience. We highly recommend taking a ‘Black taxi’ tour of Belfast – a fantastic city tour with an emphasis on the tough political history of Belfast. Expert, local guides will provide you with fascinating insights into the city’s past troubles, taking you through key historic locations and giving an overview of how the North has overcome its past to become the thriving area that exists today. After the tour, your guide will be more than happy to recommend the best of the city’s sightseeing, shopping and dining options for you to enjoy. Some of these include the Belfast City Hall, the vibrant University quarter and the Botanic Gardens. Your overnight stay will be here in Belfast, where you’ll be sure to enjoy an evening packed with great food, music and nightlife!
Your second day of touring begins with a leisurely morning in Belfast, before you reunite with your guide to embark on a stunning journey through the Glens of Antrim en route to the Giant’s Causeway. This route boasts incredible coastal views (visitors often spot the coast of Scotland off in the distance!). We’ll make a stop in the picturesque village of Ballintoy – home to the famous ‘Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge’. Whether or not you’re brave enough to cross this ancient rope bridge – from either side you’ll enjoy truly spectacular views. A short onward drive takes us as far as the one and only Giant’s Causeway! This UNESCO world heritage site is one of the Island’s most visited attractions, and is truly a once-in-a-lifetime sight. Thousands of hexagonal, basalt rock columns make up the causeway – which is believed to have been formed as the result of volcanic activity many millions of years ago. Legend however, dictates that ancient Celtic warrior Finn McCool constructed the causeway as a battleground for his encounter with Scottish giant Bennandonner!
You’ll have plenty of time to wander around the causeway, enjoying the sights and the fresh sea air, before taking some time to explore the visitor center. This brand new center features interesting exhibits and an outlet selling local designer wares. Departing from the Causeway, you’ll set out for a short photo stop at the haunted and historic Dunluce Castle. The castle, which was once home to the notable ‘McDonnell’ family of Northern Ireland, is rumored to be haunted and lies in ruin amid picturesque landscapes. After enjoying a short stop at the castle, a short onward drive will take you to Derry city – an ancient town absolutely steeped in history. Enjoy your second overnight stay here in Derry, with boundless options for live music and fantastic food.
Begin your third and final day of this memorable tour with a hearty breakfast and a fantastic, comprehensive walking tour of Derry with an expert, local guide. You’ll learn the history behind the city and its official name of Londonderry. The city’s charming ancient streets are the location of some of Northern Ireland’s key historic events, including the devastating ‘Bloody Sunday’ massacre, which took place in 1972 (the event behind U2’s hit song ‘Sunday, Bloody Sunday’). Finishing up with your walking tour – you’ll be taken to the fascinating ‘Creevykeel’ – an ancient pagan tomb, where you’ll learn about the daily rituals of those that inhabited the area during the stone-age.
We’ll drive through the homeland of one of Ireland’s best-loved artistic exports – the poet W.B. Yeats. This region greatly influenced his world-famous poetry and you will have the chance to visit his final resting place at Drumcliff Abbey. Your drive continues into Co. Sligo, where there’ll be time to stretch your legs at the world-class Atlantic surfing beach of ‘Strandhill’. The final leg of your journey takes you to Galway city. Galway is a vibrant and bohemian city and is deservedly in the running for the title of ‘European Capital of Culture 2020’. Enjoy a wander through the charming ancient streets and sample some of the city’s famous seafood before making your luxury chauffer transfer back to Dublin city.
At ‘Elegant Irish’, our goal is to structure the most exclusive and enjoyable private tours of Ireland for our esteemed guests. Our itineraries ensure that visitors experience unforgettable tours, which fit perfectly with their needs and expectations. However, we like to extend the flexibility to our guests to tailor our premade itineraries to better suit their vacation goals. This flexibility relates also to your accommodation options. ‘Elegant Irish’ are specialists at sourcing the best of accommodation – from economy to luxury – in keeping with your preferences. Should you wish to enjoy on of our luxury tours while organizing your own place to stay – that’s fine too! Contact us today to start planning your exclusive Irish adventure.
• Exclusive chauffer transfers for your entire journey.
• Enjoy the full service of one of our expert tour guides.
• We offer you the flexibility to make changes to our popular itineraries to better suit your expectations*