WHAT TO EXPECT:
• Luxury private-hire vehicle pickup from the Dublin location of your choice
• Drive through the coastal Dublin villages of Dun Laoghaire and Sandycove with beautiful views of Dublin Bay.
• Continue your drive inland, with a stop at the quaint village of Enniskerry.
• Enjoy a leisurely visit to the historic ‘Powerscourt Estate and Gardens’ and marvel at the stunning mountain views.
• Take some time to visit the famous ‘Avoca Handweavers’ outlet.
• Drive through the Wicklow mountains-stopping at the ancient monastic settlement of Glendalough. Take in the haunting ruins of the site and view the historic round tower and Celtic crosses.
RECOMMENDED PRIVATE POWERSCOURT & GLENDALOUGH ITINERARY
Your private-hire vehicle and knowledgeable, local guide will meet you at our desired Dublin pickup point, before heading south of the city. Passing through Dun Laoghaire and Sandycove, you’ll appreciate the views of Dublin bay and the quaint cottages and seafront homes which characterize the locality. You’ll then begin your drive inland – arriving at the incredibly picturesque village of Enniskerry, Co. Wicklow. Enniskerry is a tiny village surrounded by lush scenery and populated with immaculately kept floral displays and quaint traditional cottages. Take some time to amble through the charming shops selling local artisan foods and designer wares.
Just around the corner from Enniskerry is the marvelous ‘Powerscourt Estate and Gardens’. The estate enjoys a privileged location in the midst of the Wicklow Mountains – so make sure to have your camera in hand for your visit!
Powerscourt has been featured in Mel Gibson’s ‘Braveheart’ and should you decide to take a tour of the house – you’ll be given a comprehensive history of the 800 years of Powerscourt and the family who called the estate home. You won’t want to miss the exquisite Powerscourt Gardens, where you can take a leisurely stroll through Japanese and Italian themed gardens, a beautiful walled garden and a unique pet cemetery. Enjoy a coffee and a browse at the famous the Avoca Handweavers Powerscourt outlet.
Departing Powerscourt, relax in your luxury vehicle as you drive through the beautiful ‘Glendalough Valley’. Visit the ancient monastic city of ‘Glendalough’, where you won’t want to miss the historic round tower, Celtic crosses and luxurious valley views – let your guide further explain the history behind this important heritage site.
Depart Glendalough for a leisurely return to Dublin City.
• Chauffer transfers to all attractions with the exclusive service of a knowledgeable and local guide.
• We offer you the freedom to alter our suggested itinerary, to fit with your needs and/or time restrictions*
• Luxury transfer back to a Dublin location of your choice.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
• Admission fees are not included so as to allow flexibility on tour.